Thursday, October 06, 2005

Mysterious Ways of Life
I am sitting here contemplating life. Recently, I have had alot going on. I mean who doesn't, that is part of life. But it has come to my attention that even if you do everything according to plan there always seems to be an external force that seems to have a mind of it's own. Why must a monkey wrench be thrown in the mix every time things seem to be going ok?

It is a test of internal strength I know. But I am getting tired. I feel as if I am on a rollercoaster that doesn't have breaks. I have already lost my balance but still have to hold on for fear of losing my seat. My head is spinning. All the metaphors in the world don't help. And isn't that the way it always seems to be? You reach out for advice or emotional support and everyone gives you corny lines that mean absolutely nothing to you in your state of mind. Like "when God closes a door He opens a window." Yeah so what? My fat behind won't fit out a window! A little ill stated humour there to let you know how my mind has been working. It is hard to practice keeping the faith when you have done all you can do and seem to run into brick walls constantly. Patience is a lesson I have been doomed to repeat over and over with the same result it seems like. I have none!!!!

I am a control freak. I need to know I control my destiny and the outcome of my life and it seems I am always being shown a lesson that I can't have that control. I should just learn to roll with the punches but instead I look for ways to avoid them and when I can't I freak out. I also tend to exaggerate every instance so what may be only a minor distubance ends up throwing me over the eddge. I feel so close to losing my mind on occaision I get scared.

I must admit though. When you can finally get outside of your own misery and attempt to reach out to a loved one who needs you more there is a refreshing feeling of exuberance that can wash over you. I have spent the last two days with my best friend who is dealing with her own issues that far outweigh my own little petty annoyances. It has put my life back into perspective. I can't be of much help to her except to hold her and tell her we will work through things together. But in a time of need, that may be all that matters. Knowing that you are not alone.

It has always been a quest to find out the meaning of life. But in the lifelong journey for it, are we tending to overlook the obvious and due to our warped sense of perspective are we totally missing the message and meaning? If in searching and pursuing the attempt to gain as much wealth, power and acknowledgement we can to make ourselves feel we are somebodies, we miss the most essential lesson which is Love, sharing, something the world needs more of: we have failed.

Do you often wonder why life was so simple back in the days? It wasn't just the lack of technology. People had different ideals, different goals. They remembered what was truly important in their lives. They didn't get lost up in fruitless gains for personal glory. They spent time with their loved ones. If thinigs got tough, the whole family put in what they could to get through as a family. No tit for tat attitudes, no selfish indulgences at the cost of another. Unity. Something we have all lost sight of over the decades. The three muskeeters had the right philosophy. "One for all and all for one!" . Even if you find you don't gain something monetary the emotional and psychological benefits far outweigh. We become better humans for it. And that, essentially is what the quest for the meaning of life is all about.

Well, thanks friends for once again indulging me in a litany of the wandering mind. Let your soul be cleansed with the encompassing of anothers essence,, and may you find peace in the comfort of a friend.

your friend Melanie

Popdex

Blog Directory

Weblog Directory







Visioneer OneTouch 9420 Flatbed Scanner - 4800x9600 48-Bit USB2


Magnificent Money Affiliate Program

No comments: