Sunday, October 23, 2005

Do you remember when you were a child going to an amusement park? You inhaled all the sights and smells to hold on to so you could tell your friends all about it when you got home. You memorized all the sounds, colours, games, and rides so you could explain it in full vivid detail to make them feel like they had been there with you. You expressed yourself with arm movements and whole body contortions as you elaborated on the thrill of the experience.
Now you are grown. Can you even remember the last time you did anything special that you carried the joy around with you for days? One where you could say "This was the greatest day of my life!". No, maybe not. I know I can't.
I have had some fond memories, ones where I remembered what happened with a small amount of pleasure. Yet, none I could honestly describe to you vividly like it was a changing moment in my life. That is sad, now that I think about it. I had all 3 of my brothers and my baby sister get married in the last year and a half. I have a shoe box full of pictures. It was a good time. But somehow over the years, my brain has grown out of the habit of absorbing my experiences and making them part of my personal and pyschological growth.Somewhere along the lines, I forgot to care.
I miss those days of yore. A part of me has withered away. I need to reunite with my inner self. To learn to enjoy the little things in life and not take for granted what I can never experience the same way again.
Read the following article and get in touch with your inner child again today, so that you can remember what the true meaning of life really is and can once again enjoy the simple pleasures to create lasting memories to treasure.

Creating Magical Moments
Copyright 2005 Debbie Friedman

In my life as a biologist, I studied hummingbird behavior.
In fact, my master’s thesis was on hummingbirds, and I
videotaped and analyzed the data on more than 13,000
feedings! Best yet, my experimental design was so
successful that it ended up attracting more than 500
feedings per hour during the peak periods of the study.

I love hummingbirds – their magical movements, their speed,
and their sense of humor! (You have to BE with them for a
while to catch on to that one, I think.) In the last few
weeks there’s been a lot of hummingbirds as the migratory
visitors are in to breed, and I had the chance to watch
them often from the balcony area where I meditate. I began
to miss them, remembering how fun and exciting it was to
watch them up close. So I took action.

I put out two feeders with my special recipe (the secret is
at the end of this article) and they began to come in
droves, fighting, playing, what I think of as “singing”,
and generally just amusing me as I watched. When I was
doing my thesis research, they used to dive down and play
with my hair or even peck on my red toenail polish. So
far, several of them have been coming to “visit” by
hovering about six inches from my face to check me out.

It’s been fun, it’s been delightful, it’s been downright
entertaining. In fact, it’s been magical watching all the
birds that have been drawn to my home. (Don’t even get me
started on the Hooded Orioles!). It’s taken me back to a
time that was magical and playful.

I realized the importance of remembering what has given us
joy in the past and finding ways to relish the simple
pleasures in our daily life. So often, we may pass up the
opportunity to create good feelings for ourselves and
others because we get caught up in the busyness of life and
living.

So my question to you is this: Is there something you
would enjoy doing that you have been putting off?

Better yet, ask yourself this: What is one thing I can do
TODAY to feel good and create joy in the world for myself
or others?

It may be simple. It may be inexpensive. It doesn’t have
to take a great deal of time. But it can create magical
moments and an incredible feeling of joy inside you that
will move through your life to attract even more.

We know that what we focus on expands, and when we create
excitement, fun, laughter, and delight we are sure to
experience even more. Most of us have gotten pretty good
at doing the “have to’s” in life, but some of us have
forgotten the importance of the “love to’s” as well.

Give yourself the gift, starting today, to open yourself up
to the childlike joys of being alive! Give yourself the
gift of magical moments! Allow yourself to experience the
feelings of joy, laughter, play, and ecstatic excitement!
As you do, you will be creating an irresistible energy
field that will naturally attract to you incredibly
wonderful moments that will delight you!

We are here to enjoy this amazing playground of life in a
way that is full and fulfilled with all of our heart’s
desires. Life is meant to be magical, to excite and
delight us! There is a limitless supply for us all if we
only open ourselves to receive.

Begin to take actions today that will bring more love, joy,
laughter, freedom, and just “feeling great” into your life.
The pay off will be tremendous as you experience more of
the magic in your life, knowing that you can create it at
any moment.

And remember, YOU deserve it!


----------------------------------------------------
Debbie Friedman, M.S., C.Ht., is the Manifesting Maven who
helps people consciously create the life they love to live.
She is the creator of the popular Cleaning Out the Closet
of Your Mind for Wealth series.
http://CleaningOutTheCloset.com

Are you a stay at home parent looking to earn some extra income? Come check out this site for cool ideas.
Bizymoms.com



Magnificent Money Affiliate Program




Alternative Health & Beauty Store
Be kind to your body, Be kind to earth.
Vegetarian, Chemical free, Additive free, All natural.

No comments: