Monday, November 07, 2005

I was in one of those moods today where you really can't bring yourself to do anything. I dragged my butt out of bed and into the shower barely with a moment to spare.(good thing I learned how to have a shower in 3 mins)I was barely speaking audibly on the phone at work today, and didn't promote one extra sale(supposed to make at least $30 extra a day)I came home and turned on the tube. Cat's dish empty, dishes in the sink, and meat for dinner still in the freezer.
I decided I would settle down to work on my blog sites. I became even more unenthused when I realized that hardly anyone had visited me the night before. But knowing that 90% of online businesses fail due to lack of motivation and perserverance I knew I would hold on and conduct business as usual regardless, which meant creating that new sales letter pitch for my product list.
I have been a procrastinator my entire life. I have embarked on new idea after new idea as they were presented to me, with the same end result.
I started to think about my ex husband and all the products he had designed yet never patented. Years later he would see them in stores making alot of money with someone else name attached. We need to find our motivation any way we can and stick to it. It starts by just doing it! If we procrastinate we can't tap into the positive energies that create our motivation and drive to bring us to a complete succession in our lives.
The following article helps share some key points to getting focused so we can maintain our motivation and enthusiasm to reach our goals.

5 Tips To Increase Your Personal Power
Copyright 2005 Christopher Green

Have you ever started a new project full to the brim with
enthusiasm only to have your enthusiasm and motivation wane
as the months go by? When we’re pursuing something of worth
in our lives, enthusiasm and motivation are two very
important factors. They act as driving forces for us and
keep us on course to achieve our goals. So how can we
maintain high levels of both? Try these ideas:

1. The most important one: Have at least one person in your
life who is like-minded. This means someone who wants to be
the best they can be, who has dreams and goals and takes
action to make them a reality. I know such people can be
hard to find! They don’t have to be following the same
course in life as you. My best friend is studying to become
a pilot and I enjoy computers and writing, yet because we
love what we do, we help each other stay focused and
motivated. But where can you find similar people? Try clubs
and associations connected with your interests, the
workplace, and of course, the Internet. Pick any subject
and I guarantee you will find groups and forums for it
online. Be proactive – seek out positive people. What they
bring into your life – and you theirs – is priceless.

2. Watch inspirational movies. This is going to be down to
personal taste, obviously, but here’s a selection of films
that inspire me: The Star Wars films, Rocky I & II (the
rest are no where near as good!), Shawshank Redemption,
Twelve Angry Men, Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner, The Count
Of Monte Cristo – There’s many more but these are my
favourites and never fail to give me a boost. You could
also add to this videos and DVDs of your favorite sporting
moments – in fact anything that inspires you. Build your
collection and watch them when you feel enthusiasm levels
dropping.

3. Related to the first tip: read biographies about people
you admire. Again, personal taste will dictate who you read
about but here’s some people I admire greatly: Martin
Luther King, Lance Armstrong, Helen Keller, Sir Winston
Churchill, Lord Horatio Nelson, Franklin D and Eleanor
Roosevelt, Muhammad Ali to name but a few. The beauty about
this is that you read about people who achieved so much
with their lives. You are learning about people who “walk
the talk” rather than listening to people who haven’t done
anything and may well be negative about life. If you want
to achieve your dreams it is absolutely vital to stay
positive. Reading about people you admire will do for your
positive attitude what pizzas do for your waistline, i.e
expand it!

4. Have a picture board and fill it with pictures of your
goals: Type of house, views of the area where you want to
live, car or boat or bike you want, jewelry, clothes –
whatever it is you want! This is to give you a visual
reminder everyday about the goals you are pursuing and
reminds you that what you are working towards is something
very worthwhile. It boosts enthusiasm and keeps you focused
and on track.

5. Read quotations everyday. I’m a big believer in the use
of quotations to inspire and I’m always on the lookout for
new ones to add to my list of favourites. My list is 6
pages long and growing! Here’s a couple of good websites to
checkout:

www.quotationspage.com & www.motivatingquotes.com

And to practice what I preach and to close this article
nicely, here is the lastest quote I’ve added to my list and
the one that inspired me to write this article:

“If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired
with enthusiasm.”
– Vince Lombardi

And there you have 5 tips to help you maintain your
enthusiasm and motivation. Put all 5 to use and you will
stay positive and on course to achieve your goals!

Until next time.


----------------------------------------------------
Looking to attract success, happiness and prosperity into
your life? "Conquering Fear" reveals the powerful,
effective secrets so you can be in total control of your
destiny! Welcome to your personal power revolution!
For more info, Click Here ==> http://www.conqueringfear.net

Are you a stay at home parent looking to earn some extra income? Come check out this site for cool ideas.
Bizymoms.com



Magnificent Money Affiliate Program




Alternative Health & Beauty Store
Be kind to your body, Be kind to earth.
Vegetarian, Chemical free, Additive free, All natural.




Lung Cancer
Lung Cancer

1 comment:

Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said...

Hello
I was on the blogger dash board, and your Philosophers Zone flashed up as recently updated, so I clicked on it.
I just read your post from today and I sympathize completely. I am yet another one of those procrastinators in life. Head filled with big ideas and huge intentions, and all the enthusiasm in the world ... to start, then I come home flop on the couch and the next day, kick myself for not being more productive. After reading the article you attached to your post, I'd be happy to send messages of motivation, I need a kick up the bum too!
Thanks for sharing
Leeza