Saturday, November 05, 2005

Any hockey fans out there? I love the Leafs(so shoot me, I am Canadian)and the Red Wings( I bet you thought I was going to say another Canadian team, eh?)
I am watching the game right now between Toronto and Tampa Bay. It is the second period. The Leafs went into this period up two goals. Within the first three minutes of play the Lightning struck. I have thought up a theory. It must be easier to shoot into that net. Whenever the Leafs start out on the good side they always lose their momentum(and lead) while they are on the other side of the rink during the second period. Then for the third period when they are back to the right side they get back their mojo. Now I know I don't sound like a pro and I admit I am not. I don't study stats, I don't watch the sports channel, I don't read the sports articles, but what I do see is what seems to be a pattern. It could apply to the other teams as well but since I only watch the Leafs and Wings I couldn't say.
My ex boyfriend thinks I am being silly and sound like a typical female who knows nothing of sports(yeah, he studies the stats, watches the news, and even discusses the teams/game with anyone who will listen). Yet why is it that when we go to bet the games I am the one who usually comes out the winner? I have my own system and I like who I like and I know how they play.
Like take this for example. Sundin just came back from a week of no play. How many games were lost while he was gone(more than should have been!). He came back tonight and has gotten 3 points and the game is not even over yet. The team is organized, coordinated with each other, and have a zest that seems to have been missing in the last few games. Could one player really have so much effect on a whole team? Apparently so(guess that's why he is the highest paid player?). I enjoy the consistent players. Tucker is one of my favs. He loves to play. He is known for even playing when he shouldn't(broken ribs,etc.). But he is always reliable. He may not be a big ticket scorer but he does his share, is there for assists, and is tough enough for a little guy. And since his brother in law is no longer on the same team he seems to stay out of the penalty box a little more.
I am just so glad that hockey is back. Last winter was a long haul up here in the north with no hockey to keep us going. Winter just isn't the same without hockey.
Wouldn't you agree?

Are you a stay at home parent looking to earn some extra income? Come check out this site for cool ideas.
Bizymoms.com



Magnificent Money Affiliate Program




Alternative Health & Beauty Store
Be kind to your body, Be kind to earth.
Vegetarian, Chemical free, Additive free, All natural.

Lung Cancer
Lung Cancer

No comments: